Monday, September 20, 2010

Kids Clothes Week Challenge Day 1

I've managed to cross two items off of my must sew list today.  I made up the three pairs of baby pants that I cut out but didn't get to this summer.  

The top pair of pants are made from some linen rayon blend that I found in the remnant bin.  I was very tempted to do the top stitching in orange to add some detail, but resisted.   The pants on the left are made from a bandanna and lined with flannel.  They're actually reversible, but I doubt the flannel will ever be worn on the outside.  The pants on the right are also made from a bandanna.  They're unlined so it took mere minutes to sew them up.  I love using bandannas for baby pants.  Using the finished edge for the hem makes for a quick project. 


I also made up a Thanksgiving themed outfit for my favorite little guy.  

Another simple pair of pants this time from some homespun fabric with a onesie with a matching tie.  I cut the fabric for the tie on the bias to add some interest.  

I wonder what it says about me that I chose the bottom two items from my must sew list.   



4 comments:

  1. These are great! I am also working on little people pants this week. I just finished constructing 6 pairs. They are all waiting for hems and elastic. :)

    I love that green bandanna-like fabric! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Sounds like you've been busy! The bandanna-like fabric is a bandanna that I found on clearance at a sporting goods store this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bandana pants are a huge hit in our household!

    ReplyDelete