Thursday, September 23, 2010

Kids Clothes Week Challenge Days 2 & 3

I didn't stick to my to-do list.  I remembered a certain Gram's suggestion that her grandson have a pair of chambray pants with orange polka dot cuffs.  I thought the pants needed a onesie to go with them.  It took me two tries to figure out a way to make the cuffs work.  Perhaps I should have consulted a pattern. I also added a pocket to the back of the pants.  I hope the placement works.  I've never done that before either.  I like the touch of whimsy that it brings.


The picture shows the front view of the onesie and the back view of the pants.

I decided that the pants would be fun for a birthday outfit so I made a one onesie to match. 



4 comments:

  1. Are those pants from the scientific seamstress pattern? They look just like the ones I make for my boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, they are I think, a simplicity pattern that I modified to add a higher rise. It's the pattern I usually make with the legs chopped off so I could add the cuffs and a pocket sewn on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the orange polka dot fabric that pulls it all together.

    ReplyDelete