Tuesday, November 30, 2010

PJs and Wrapping Gifts

I love the look of beautifully wrapped gifts.  Growing up we always saved gift wrap to reuse as long as possible.  Good quality wrapping paper has been known to last a long time in my family.  Last year we finally parted with some wrapping paper from the 80s!  I'm sure it wasn't used every year, but I find it quite impressive that it lasted that long!

In the last few years the piles of wrapping that need to be thrown away  have made me uncomfortable.  I really dislike the idea of waste.   I've been trying to come up with ways to make gift wrap that is reusable but is still festive.

I love to make little boxes out of cards or scrapbook paper.  I made a few today, but I'll hold off making any more so I can make them fit the gifts.


I like to make a few new drawstring bags to use as gift bags every year.   I made several today.   I might make a few more to live in the Christmas stockings to hold gifts after they come out of the stockings.  I'd like to avoid as much wear and tear on the knit stockings as possible.

I really love this Eco Christmas Gift Wrap tutorial.  It seems to me that it would be fun as a gift for pretend play as well.  I just had to try it out.  I'm pleased with the results.  I'll definitely make some more.

I finished some pj pants today.  I'm also sending off some pillowcases with them so I wrapped them up in pillowcases. 

How do you like to wrap your gifts?

4 comments:

  1. Clever! I never thought of using the pillowcases as wrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a creative wrapper! I really like the little boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial. :) Your eco gift-wrap looks like it came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the tutorial! I think it is a brilliant idea! I'm going to try some others soon!

    ReplyDelete