Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Finishing up non-Christmas projects

I noticed that I had several non holiday projects in various stages of completion taking up room on my sewing table.   I decided that I better finish them up now so there was some hope of them getting finished this year.

In late August or early September I started a bib following a mAde by autie tutorial.  It just needed the arms sewn shut and some velcro added to the back.  I'm not sure why I let that linger so long.


 Way back in October I heard that my generally not so fond of hats nephew loved wearing the Halloween costumer I made him including the hood. 
I decided that he needed another lion hat made with a fleece mane rather than a ribbon one so it would be machine washable.  He now seems to like all sorts of hats but I still think it's fun to have a costume-y hat for everyday wear.  The hat waited on my sewing table for weeks for me to sew in the lining and add the elastic.  Now it is done.  Yay! 


I also had some would be legwarmers waiting for me on my sewing table.  It seems to me that fleece legwarmers are a pretty good solution for the cold leg situation caused when pants pull up when little ones are carried.  Now the little guy can have warm legs when he's out and about.  To cut mine I cut a piece of fleece as wide as the circumference of my nephew's leg and just a bit longer (to allow for hemming) than the distance from his knee to his ankle.  I figured that because fleece is stretchy that they would stay up without need for any elastic.  It seems to work.

I have some other projects in need of finishing as well.  With some luck I will get them done tomorrow! What do you need to finish up?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! So cute! I love everything you made! Kieran is going to absolutely LOVE his lion hat! He may even want to sleep in it! The bib and leg warmers are not only adorable, they are so functional! You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And I bet soft too. Thanks for visiting my blog - I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JK, I'm not sure how well the bib will work now. He might need to get a bit bigger first. I'll make more if/when it seems like a good solution.

    Cheri, thanks! I look forward to seeing more of your projects.

    ReplyDelete