Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Advent Run Down

I'm already thinking about filling my Advent calendar for next year.  I figure this is a pretty good time of year to be on the look out for bargains for purchased gifts.   I plan to fill my nephew's calendar with a mix of store bought and homemade treats again next year.   I'll plan to make at least one item each month so that I'm not rushing to finish things at the last minute.  Here's a run down of things I've included  in the past.

fabric nativity scene - one or two pieces given over a stretch of days
Christmas board book - a simple telling of the Christmas story
socks -both red and festive designs
jingle bells (not meant for unsupervised play)
purchased non-breakable ornaments 
ribbon
gift tags



Lined Pants
Fabric Book
Christmas PJs
Felted Star Santa
Knit mini stocking - I like to use yarn leftover from other projects to make Christmas ornaments
paper origami crane

Crane made from fabric fused to interfacing

felt ball ornament

Christmas Tie Onesie
Knit Christmas Hats


Christmas Tree onesie

4 comments:

  1. So many adorable things. What a great thing you do for your nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how organised are you...great thing though getting started now. thanks for visiting my space too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't wait until next Advent! You are so talented and organized! I'm sorry that it was a poor showing on my end of things this year. The thought was there, the energy not. You are a super star!

    ReplyDelete