Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Rumpelstiltskin Challenge

Have you read about the The Rumpelstiltskin Challenge?  I think it sounds like a brilliant idea!   For five years I lived in a town without a fabric store.  As a result, anytime I saw a chance to acquire fabric I took it.  For the last year, I've lived in a town with easy access to fabric.  It has been hard for me to get out of the habit of buying fabric or other supplies just because I can.  My supplies are threatening to take over my workspace.  I still have the idea that new supplies will fuel my creativity.  It seems that just the opposite is really true.  Using what I have, making space, and challenging myself to shop my stash will fuel my creativity.  I can't really imagine that I can make it an entire year without buying craft supplies.  I'm sure that I will run out of things like thread and interfacing that will allow me to make use of the supplies that I do have.  I can commit to not buying for my stash for the year and making efforts to use as much of it as possible.  This week I will start by clearing out and organizing.
FiveGreenAcres

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I really can't do it, but I like the idea of it a lot!!

    ReplyDelete