Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tea Envelope Advent Calendar

Making my toddler Advent calendar last  year got me thinking about wanting to make an Advent calendar of some sorts for adults.  It seems wrong that kids get all the fun!  
With all of the hustle and bustle of the holiday season I wanted my Advent count down for adults to be something that encouraged a moment of calm in the day.  Did anybody guess what I was doing with all of the red paper in my last post?  I made a bunch of little envelopes to hold bags of tea.   I embellished the envelopes with numbers for an Advent count down and then made a box to hold them all.   


I had fun making all of the little envelopes!  I like to think of my friends all sharing a moment each day before Christmas to enjoy a mug of tea.  If there's interest, I could put together a how to post.  Has anybody else started thinking about Advent yet?

6 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love this idea! The colors you chose are great and I love that the numbers are in different fonts. You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute Advent calendar! I have started thinking about making gifts early, but I'm still needing some "space" after Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was the only one thinking about Advent already . . . I really want to do a Jesse Tree with my kids this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this idea; I love that you could put different flavoured teas into different days' bags, so there's a bit of a surprise awaiting you. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I plan to do different kinds of tea. I might come up with some small messages to add.

    ReplyDelete
  6. like this idea for adults or tea lovers.

    ReplyDelete