Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Car Blanket

My nephew recently began to take naps snuggled up with a blanket.  I don't think that he has many big boy blankets so I thought I would make him one.  The little guy is majorly into cars at the moment and I had some car flannel in my stash.  I wanted to do something to jazz up the flannel a bit so I began thinking about adding a car applique.  The idea grew a bit and this is what I came up with.

I used narrow bias tape to mark the center of the road.  I enlarged the template I made so I could have cars of different sizes. I used a layer or flannel for the middle of the quilt rather than batting to make it lighter weight.  It makes it nice to snuggle without being overly heavy.  As the blanket is relatively small I didn't think it needed to be quilted.  

I like the blue car best!
What fun things have you made lately?

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love it! I'll be linking up tomorrow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! This would also be a great design for a towel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is soooo fun! love how you created the cars in different size! My kids would love this. How nice of you to make it for your nephew!

    ReplyDelete