Friday, April 1, 2011

More Pants!

I really like to make pants for little ones.  When I want a quick project that I know will get used I almost always turn to making a pair of pants!    
Cleaning out my closet a few weeks ago I came across a pair of pants that had seen better days.  Lots of the material was still in good shape, so I didn't want to just toss them.  I decided to cut them apart and use the material to make a pair of pants for my nephew.    I used the outer seam from the original pants so they look like more effort than they really are.  It was a super quick project.  I love that it made use of something that would have otherwise been scrapped. 

I finally made a pair of pants using the Basic Pant Tutorial from Made.  I've always done pants from a one piece pattern before.  It looks like having the lowered edge at the front will help make these comfortable.  I'm excited to try the flat front version of this pattern as soon as I hear how these fit.    

I think that making baby/toddler pants is my like my crating version of a comfort food.  What have you been making lately?   Do you have a kind of project that you return to over and over again?

1 comment:

  1. Your pants turned out great! I like to make swaddle blankets over and over as gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete