Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Kids Clothes Week Challenge finished object one

I'm enjoying seeing what people are making for the Kids Clothes Week Challenge.   

The first project that I wanted to try was the Sprinkle Shirt tutorial from Made.  I've loved the idea since I saw the tutorial posted way back in February. 

I picked the pocket off of an Old Navy t-shirt.  I was pleased to see that after I'd steamed the t-shirt there weren't any telltale signs that there had been a pocket. 

I was worried about my stitching coming loose if I stitched the K right to the shirt, so I modified the directions a bit.  I traced my letter on some knit fabric, stretched the fabric in an embroidery hoop, did the embroidery, applied some Steam-A-Seam 2 Double stick Fusible Web to the back of the letter, cut out the letter, ironed it to the shirt, and then stitched it on.  Now all of my wonky embroidery is glued in place.  Hopefully that will make it a bit more durable. 



2 comments: