Friday, August 12, 2011

Beanbag Chair

The big thing on my summer to-do-list was to make a beanbag chair.  I'd been thinking about beanbags ever since I'd read about using them for newborn photography.  I didn't really like the idea of buying ones because the ones I could find locally were made with icky materials.  I found a tutorial from Stardust Shoes this spring and decided to give it a try.  I decided to use some denim I had in my stash.  I ended up using two different fabrics.  I did my top stitching in orange to add some interest. 

I am happy with the results.  I imagine Bug will enjoy having a cozy place to read books when he comes to visit and it will be nice to have a place to place Ladybug so we can take her picture when she comes to visit.  

Have you completed any big projects lately? 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! This is soooooooo cute! I am absolutely in love with it! THe top stitching is super cool and the button! You are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The button is actually just a circle of fabric sewn down to cover where all the seams join at the top and bottom. Any chance to bring in some orange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks comfort.
    My project this week is try to made a car key chain flannel. I already had the pattern but when I finish stitching, it looks rather messy :D I shall try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been considering making some bean bags as well. I think Michael Miller has a free pattern on his website as well. What did you stuff it with?
    ~JamieS

    ReplyDelete