Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Faux Vest Onesie

I didn't know if I would have a new niece to craft for or a new nephew.  I decided to make a onesie for both.  As I have a sweet new niece she has the baby girl onesie I made.  I didn't snap any pictures before sending it off.  I do have some pictures of the baby boy onesie I made. 

I followed the idea of making a Lttle Gentleman's Faux Vest Onesie from B is for Boy!  What a fabulous idea!  I love it!  I had a hard time making a pattern from the onesie so I folded it in half and copied it with my scanner.  Then I drew my cutting lines right on the print out of the onesie.  Nice and easy. 

I really love the onesie!  I wish I knew somebody with a summer newborn boy to give it to.  I used a seersucker striped fabric.  I think it makes the perfect little summer outfit. 

I've made lots of tie onesies in the past.  I love them for little guys, but I think this onesie vest is much more fun. 

I love the idea of faux vests for babies.  I'm thinking about adapting it to make a faux vest tshirt for toddlers.



2 comments:

  1. I love this! It is so cute, thanks for sharing! I found your blog through the kojodesigns link party and I'm your newest follower!

    Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I wish K was small enough to fit it in!

    ReplyDelete