Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Fabric Bunting

Sometimes I wonder where the time all goes. On Friday I noticed that I still had a pile of fabric sitting around waiting to be turned into triangles to sewn into a bunting to decorate my sister's home for Valentine's day.  I decided to sew it together even though I didn't know if I would be able to get it in the mail in time to arrive for the holiday.  I didn't enjoy the rushing very much so I decided to take some time this week to sew up buntings for a bunch of holidays.  I think I will probably send one for St. Patrick's Day, Flag Day/ Fourth of July, and Halloween.  Any ideas of other themed buntings to make?  I'm bad at sending mail promptly so I plan to send them all at once this month.  So far I've made one for St. Patrick's Day.
I decided that it would be a good idea to come up with a plan to store the buntings so they don't get all tangled. 
I thought it would be fun to sew a drawstring bag with some fabric leftover from the project.  I had some extra triangles so I decided to make it fun by decorating the bag with its own bunting. 

1 comment: