Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fabric Easter Baskets

Last year I made Bug an Easter basket.  This year I thought it would be fun to make coordinating Easter baskets for Bug and Ladybug.  I chose to make simple lined rectangular baskets because I like the modern look of them.  I also thought they'd be much easier to store than baskets with tall handles. Both baskets are polka-dots lined with the same green solid cotton.  
Ladybug has a pink polka-dot basket.
Bug has a blue polka-dot basket.

I made the base of Ladybug's basket 8" by 10".  I made Bug's just a smidge smaller (7.5" by 9.5") so that it would fit inside Ladybug's for storage.
They won't be great for egg hunts, but otherwise, I think they they'll do nicely.

I Heart Nap Time

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your comment! No I did NOT think of using puffy paint for sock grippers!! What a smart idea! I did think of using hot glue and gluing dots to the bottom... which I would have totally done for myself! But for a gift I thought that would look a little cheesy! But the paint would have been really cute!! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete